Friday, November 4, 2011

RIP Nette

7 years ago I lost my big cousin Annette Burgess but everybody called her Nette.. I'll never forget that phone call, it was about 12pm November 5, 2004 that my cousin was dead.. (and that call threw me straight into a 4 day labor with my first born son) She was murder by her ex boyfriend, the night before during a basketball game. He shot her 5 times in her back. He couldn't face her while he took her life! Not that it would have been any better. Still to this day I can't/we can't understand why he did what he did because this man loved her so much and we as a family loved him too!

The things I miss about her the most is her honesty! No matter what she spoke the truth. I also miss her Crazy funky style! Boy oh boy did she dress her ass off! Fly clothes too. She was also a very supportive and loving person. Always had my back and tough me a lot about life and what things not to do! The part that hurts me the most is that when she passed away I was upset with her because she didn't come to my baby shower! She didn't come because she didn't have a gift! I don't care, I don't care she should have been there because she always supported me no matter what and I was hurt.. No gift just her! But if I could I wouldn't be upset with her because I love my cousin and i just wanted her there with me. And she never got to meet my son! Give him a funny name and sneak him candy lol.. And play with him. So many new babies as been born in our family and she's not here to play with the kids. She loved new babies and when the babies is born she was at your house teaching you how to care for the baby! Smelling there feet and in between there toes and stuff lol.. Dam I'm crying just writing this.

I love you Aungie and I know she is very proud of you right now! You turned out to be a beautiful young women..

I have to go! Love you Nette forever and a day!

3 comments:

  1. THATS RIGHT SHE DID HAVE HER OWN STYLE OWN COLORS U WOULDNT THINK WENT TOGETHER BUT ONCE U SEEN IT ON HER U HAD A SECOND THOUGHT ABOUT IT.... AND YES SHE ALWAYS SAID WHAT SHE WANTED AND NEVER CARED OF ANYONES FEELINGS SHE SAID IT HOW IT WAS NO MATTER WHAT CAME AFTER.... AND WITH ALL THE KIDS SHE LOVED EACH AND EVERYONE AND HAD A NAME FOR EVERYBODY DIFFERENT ONES AND IM SAD THAT SHE NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO MEET MY 2 KIDS HER GRAND NEPHEW AND NIECE SHE WOULD HAVE ENJOYED THEM BOTH I LOVE U AUNTIE NETTE U WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND LOVED FROM UR NIECE NEENEE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pain really comes through in your writing and has made me cry too. How senseless her death was! I lost my father through the normal way but i still hurts that he never got to see my son, never got to be a grandpa to him and I know he would have been a great one. I know I can only understand a tenth of how you feel today. I truly believe that your cousin is at peace and is the child that you bought into the world's guardian angel. Wishing you and your family strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. flessington2174@yahoo.comNovember 4, 2011 at 1:13 PM

    That is so true I want to say alot but I Can't right now cause it Still Hurt & The Tears are there. Thank you Cousin for this Blog.

    ReplyDelete